Summary of House Rules
- Adults only, no kids - we love kids but unfortunately our place is not kid friendly :)
- You have your own private backyard complete with swimming pool and tiki bar. Fun! We love our neighbors and live in a peaceful quiet community so please no parties, we want to be respectful of our wonderful neighbors.
- Please always use the hideaway screen doors when leaving the french doors downstairs that go out to the pool open, otherwise, a lot of flying insects will get into the house and are difficult to catch afterwards. (there are hooks on the back of the doors to prop them open)
- Please do not leave the bedroom curtains and blinds closed all the time. We have real plants in the bedroom that need light for at least part of the day. (Sometimes people stay for a week and have the curtains pulled the whole time and our plants all start to die.)
- Please no candles or flames on the property.
- Many people are sensitive to strong perfumes so please refrain from using perfumes or cologne during your stay, unless they are all natural or made from essential oils - we love that stuff! We try to keep the property comfortable for people who are sensitive to strong perfumes and synthetic scents.
- We have a strict 4 person maximum due to the size of the house. Reservation is for 2 people, 2 additional guests can be added for $50 per person per night up to a max of 4 people.
- Please remove your shoes if they are muddy (bring slippers or house shoes if you have them). We like to keep the house as clean as possible and who doesn't love slippers? Please do not wear shoes on the white sofas or the bed as white linen and dirty shoes just don't go well together.
- We bet those brand new hip blue jeans look great on you, but if you think they may bleed on the white sofas, please use the provided linen sofa covers to cover the sofa, then relax and don't give it another thought. Not all jeans bleed onto white, but the ones that do tend to have a warning on them when you first buy them.
- We are messy eaters ourselves, so if you want to eat on the sofas, please feel free, but please cover the sofas with the linen sofa covers first.
- We provide stain remover in the laundry closet. Please see instructions in the house manual on how to remove stains on sofa if needed.
- Please use only the black wash cloths provided to remove make-up, please do not use the white towels for make-up removal or to wipe up spills. There are "work" towels in the laundry closet, feel free to get those as dirty and stained as you wish.
- We use natural oxygen bleach for towels and bedding, if stains can not be removed with this method, we will need to charge for the cost to replace them.
- In Kitchen, please only use the black cutting boards (not the wood ones) for meat products (cooked and raw meat) and run through the dishwasher after using.
- No Smoking anywhere on the property or in front of property or backyard. Many of our neighbors are sensitive to cigarette smoke so if you wish to smoke please do so off property.
- We do allow commercial photo shoots, but only if they are specifically approved, so please inquire if interested and tell us about your project, otherwise, please no photo shoots.
- Please notify us immediately if something gets broken even if it is something small, and please let us know if something is not working properly during your stay.
- Check in is 3:00 pm. Check out is 12:00 Noon.
- Pool Rules
- For your safety, no diving in the pool
- No Glass at or around the pool area (use plastic glasses above the stove)
- No Swimming if intoxicated
- Please hang up pool floats each time when finished using them, do not leave in the pool or on the ground and please do not drag them across the dirt when taking them out of the pool.
- Please use the seagrass mat at the pool steps to wipe of the decomposed granite/gravel from your feet before entering the pool.
Pet Policy & Rules
(you only need to review this section if you want to bring a pet with you)
We love dogs! Many people have told us not to allow pets because of how much we have invested in renovating our vacation rental and the damage that could incur, but we know how much we love traveling with our pups and want to give others the chance to do that as well. We also know how hard it is to find vacation rentals that allow pets. So we decided to allow pets for now but with some conditions. Please inquire about any pets you are interested in bringing. Well behaved, quiet, mellow, fully potty trained pets will be considered. When you email us, please tell us about your pet and confirm you have read and understand the house rules around bringing a pet with you.
- If you have large rambunctious dogs, this is not the right place for you. (Large mellow dogs are fine though)
- Pets must be on flea treatment
- We require that you cover the white sofas and bed with the provided linen covers if you bring pets because we know how our own dogs can be rough on a white sofa. As long as the sofa and bed covers are on, dogs are welcome to sit on the furniture.
- If you want to leave your pet alone in the cottage and have done this a lot without any issues, this is ok please but please keep your cell phone on you and your airbnb messages notifications turned on so we can reach you immediately if needed. (Our neighbor is also a pet sitter, so if you need a pet sitter, ask us)
- Dogs must be quiet and not be constantly barking.
- **Very Important** Please walk your dog to go potty before letting them in the backyard and do not let them use the backyard area as a bathroom. We have had issues with this and will have to stop allowing dogs if guests do not respect this house rule. There is a beautiful dog walking path one block from the cottage or you can just walk them down the street. If your dog does have an accident in the backyard, please pick it up, use nature's miracle in the laundry closet and hose it down. If we see and smell any urine after your stay, we will charge an additional $100 cleaning fee. We have a very small backyard and it is not an appropriate area for dogs to use as a bathroom. If you are not able to stop them from going to the bathroom in the backyard then please keep them inside. Thank you.
- For your dog's safety. Please do not leave your dog unattended in the backyard with the pool. Dogs who are not familiar with swimming pools can accidentally walk into them without realizing it.
- If you go on a walk and it is muddy or raining, please wipe your dogs feet at the door. We will provide wipes for you in the hallway under the bench.
- Please make sure your dog is friendly and on a leash during walks, we have a lot of other friendly dogs in the neighborhood and want to make sure everyone gets along during your stay.
- If there is any damage caused by your pet, you will be required to pay for it.
- We require a one time pet cleaning fee of $50 per pet per stay.